New Graduate Retreat
August 30-31, 2022
Please note: The Support Center Team will make hotel reservations; however, please plan to book your flights. Attendees may fly into either O’Hare (ORD) or Midway (MDW). Please plan for flights arriving before 2 PM CT on the 30th and departing after 6pm (or 6:30) on the 31st.
What are the goals of this event?
Good to Know:
• In many instances, hotel conference rooms can be a bit on the chilly side – we recommend packing layers!
• You may utilize your practice’s Divvy card for transportation costs or submit receipts for expense reimbursement through our Payables department.
• If you fly into O’Hare airport, a taxi will be the quickest way to commute to the Chicago Marriott Oak Brook hotel.
• If you fly into Midway airport, an Uber/other rideshares will be the quickest way to commute to the Chicago Marriott Oak Brook hotel.
• The dress code for the Retreat is business casual, and nice jeans are perfectly acceptable. We want you to be comfortable!
• The Meet & Greet Mixer on Tuesday is at Pinstripes.
New Graduate Retreat Agenda
Tuesday, August 30
3:00 PM Arrival & Hotel Check-In
6:30 PM Meet & Greet Mixer
Wednesday, August 31
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:30 AM Welcome & Heartland Culture
9:00 AM Successful DVM Mentorship
10:00 AM Understanding the Practice Puzzle
11:00 AM Using Empathy to Chart your Path
12:00 PM Networking Lunch
1:00 PM What Makes Humans Human?
2:00 PM Vendor Presentations
4:00 PM Wrap-up